Effective: January 1, 2020
- Information We Obtain
- How We Use The Information We Obtain
o Third-Party Analytics
o Interest-Based Advertising
- Information We Share
- Your Rights and Choices
- How We Protect Personal Information
- Children’s Privacy
- External Online Services And Features
- How To Contact Us
INFORMATION WE OBTAIN
We may obtain personal information about you in various ways, such as when you visit our Websites. The types of information we obtain include:
- contact information, such as name, email and postal address, and phone number;
- login credentials when you create an account on our Customer or Dealer Portals;
- employer, job title and other professional information;
- information you include on your credit or other applications (e.g., personal financial statements), such as Social Security number, copies of identification documents, and date of birth;
- bank account information, such as account number and routing number;
- payment card information, including card number and expiration date;
- information about your account with us, such as your account number and payment history or transactions;
- information about your credit history and other information we receive from consumer reporting agencies when you submit an application for credit;
- telematics information about our trucks and other VFS equipment used by our customers and dealers, such as geolocation information;
- information you provide in the course of applying for a job with us, such as information about your education, work and military history, legal work eligibility status, background check information, and other information about you; and
- other personal information you submit to us, such as through emails or other communications, surveys, registrations or sign-up forms.
In addition, when you visit our Websites, we may obtain certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web server logs, web beacons, and other technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server.
We may use these automated technologies on our Websites to collect information about your equipment, browsing actions, and usage patterns. The information we obtain in this manner may include your device IP address, identifiers associated with your devices, types of devices connected to our Websites, web browser characteristics, device characteristics, language preferences, referring/exit pages, clickstream data, and dates and times of visits to our Websites. These technologies help us (1) remember your information so you do not have to re-enter it; (2) track and understand how you use and interact with our Websites; (3) tailor the Websites around your preferences; (4) measure the usability of our Websites and the effectiveness of our communications; and (5) otherwise manage and enhance our services, and help ensure they are working properly.
Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our Websites. For mobile devices, you can manage how your device and browser share certain device data by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE OBTAIN
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- provide our products and services;
- process and fulfill transactions in connection with our products and services;
- communicate with you (including providing you with offers and other communications about our services), respond to your inquires, and offer customer support;
- establish and manage your account with VFS;
- personalize your experience on our Websites;
- establish and manage our business relationships;
- manage career opportunities at VFS, including for recruitment purposes, candidate screening and evaluation, and employee onboarding;
- perform analytics (including market research, trend analysis, financial analysis, and anonymization of personal information);
- operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new services; enhancing, improving and analyzing our services; managing our communications; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- maintain and enhance the safety and security of our Websites, products and services, and prevent misuse;
- protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and VFS policies.
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
We also use third party web analytics services on the Websites, such as those of Hotjar. The service providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyze how visitors use the Websites. The information collected through these means (including IP address) is disclosed to these service providers, who use the information to evaluate use of the Websites. To learn more about Hotjar and how to opt out, please visit https://www.hotjar.com/opt-out.
Our Websites are not designed to respond to “do not track” signals from browsers.
INFORMATION WE SHARE
We may share the information we obtain about you with our affiliates and subsidiaries. We also may share the information we obtain about you with third-party vendors and other entities to perform certain services on our behalf, such as website hosting, data analytics, payment processing and other services. We also may share your information with (1) credit reporting agencies and services in connection with credit underwriting or to report debts owed to VFS; and (2) to financing sources, including individuals or entities involved in securitization, sales, assignment, or financing of our transactions.
We also may disclose personal information (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena); (2) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; (3) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; (4) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss; (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (6) otherwise with your consent or as directed by your representative (including other institutions with which you apply for credit).
We reserve the right to transfer any personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation).
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Our Websites are intended for a general audience and are not directed to children. We do not knowingly collect personal information online from children under the age of 13, or such other age as may be stipulated by applicable law.
EXTERNAL ONLINE SERVICES AND FEATURES
For your convenience and information, our Websites may provide links to other online services, and may include third-party features such as apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins. These online services and third-party features may operate independently from us. The privacy practices of the relevant third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, is subject to the privacy statements of these parties, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked online services or third-party features are not owned or controlled by VFS, we are not responsible for these third parties’ information practices.
HOW TO CONTACT US